Friday, November 13, 2009

Jokes on me...

So, again, it's been awhile...

It's been a long, rather up-and-down, emotionally-driven, week. *so happy today's Friday*

As I sat on my bed crying (some day this week), my roommate Grace was reflecting out loud, "we never used to have problems like this." Between cancer, alcohol, appendicitis, best friends having babies, boys and school--all the emotions able to be experienced seem to be covered amidst our tight-knit group of girlfriends. People we know are dying and people we know are getting married. We're in those choice years that seem to shape a person by teaching...and the early 2o-something-year old learns from experience, aka "the hard way."

...

Anyway, the joke on me today: I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish a paper, only to find that on Monday of this week (yes, 4 days ago, Monday) we received an extension. I came to class ready to hand over all that I could muster on the Romantic movement into the second generation packed into 6 and 1/2 pages, to find an extra 48 hours in which I now get to revise. :). ...I'd rather just turn it in.

School seems to be consuming my life right now--paper, paper, paper, quiz, annotated bibliography, read, read, read. It's good though. Just overwhelming.

I can't complain right now: Life is good. The heart of life is good, and I have been blessed with th grace to be happy in the moment, so I have nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment