Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hello Monday!

I think today was the best day I had in quite a while. Sometimes all I think is "I don't want to grow up, I don't want to grow up", and other times I think "I can't wait to grow up." Today was an "I can't wait to grow up day," and have my own place, and go to Mass on Sunday and then lounge the rest of the day away..naps...House...30 Rock...football...volleyball..a walk. And at this point, if I were grown up, I would hit the hay. But tonight, I am welcoming Monday in its very beginnings with a cup of coffee, as I sit down to write 6 more pages for my take home Mid-Term that I have successfully put off until now (and I'm actually still procrastinating, as I tell myself, oo its not due til 4:30--plenty of time, I could do it all tomorrow...), hah, but no, I am sitting down to do it tonight. I've been waiting for my muse...and I told him to wait until after I finally blogged, and if he fails me yet again tonight, I think that I will stay up watching House and 30 Rock. The internet connection on campus here is ridiculous--absolutely ridiculous, and only works well for hulu at odd times when not that many people are using the internet. Therefore, I must choose wisely when to view, and until I have my own place *where the internet will work* deal.

I think I hurt my heart yesterday: in honor of Halloween, a group of us got together to watch a scary movie, Quarantine. I was definately scared, but it was definately worth it--I love the thrill that it gives you (makes you feel so alive, haha), and I find it thoroughly entertaining, to sit on a couch with a bunch of people who all scream and jump at the same time and then laugh hysterically while actually being completely scared. I think it's hilarious.

I was also thankful for daylight savings today, and found it amusing that my bf was up, showered, dressed and on his way down to meet me for Mass before realizing the time change. The rest of the day was filled with a long nap, House (this is a great season), my first time viewing 30 Rock (which I found hilarious), meeting up at the pub with a couple girlfriends for the Vikings games (Vikings beat the Packers again, 38-26), and a friendly match of 2 on 2 sand volleyball, in which me and the bf won a couple rounds in the ongoing world series titled "Matt&Bec-Take-The-World." While I only use the title of this series when we play volleyball, that's how I feel, we're trying to figure out if we're meant to be...if we really can take on the world together. Regardless of how it ends, it sure is great now.

Now I'm off to find my muse...hopefully he accompanies this cup of coffee which, I'm sure, will not dissappoint (it's always better to look at the positive side rather than the negative...).

No comments:

Post a Comment