Sunday, October 18, 2009

Coffee helps for Mondays.



I bought skinny jeans today.

After subconsciously writing skinny jeans off as too tight for me (and my bodacious curves), I decided to wear a pair of my roommate's for a dance a few weeks ago. It was a Sadie Hawkins dance, and we were supposed to dress as our favorite famous couple. ...I quickly decided Lucy and Ricky Ricardo would be perfect. I asked my bf and he said yes (phew), and while he looks nothing like Ricky Ricardo, I still thought theyd be perfect. The night of the dance came and it must have been an emotional day--I knew we 'd look nothing like them and so in order to prevent a breakdown (girls and their emotions :/), we went as Matt and Kim. The punk rock band nobody knows about but is so cute. Look up their song Daylight. It's a great song.

ANYWAY---I wore the skinny jeans, and was almost instantly converted. And today, I bought skinny jeans. And I can't wait to wear them.

Yes, I spent today shopping, and am still procrastinating at the moment, the weekend before Mid Terms. It should be a busy week, but oh well. Weeks are always busy and the only thing we really have is the present moment. Don't want to waste time now...

The cool 70s and 60s temps of the weekend brought back a great interior wistfulness for home. Oh, South West Florida, how you fail to capture the true beauty of Fall and kill any love for sweatshirts and curling up in a nice blanket with a cup of coffee and a good book. While I was bummed that not only was it cooler temps, but the humidity dropped low enough to prevent us from going to the beach today, I'm not holding out for the cool front to last much longer...I'm sure by tomorrow I'll again sweat the moment I step outside and my hair will not hold anything due to the humidity.

Well, off to the books I guess. A final quote on the subject of emotions: "But are not this struggle and even the mistakes one may make better, and do they not develop us more, than if we kept systematically away from emotions?" ~Vincent Van Gogh

I think it is better to keep near. Good bye, precious weekend, good morning Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment