Monday, October 26, 2009

I want a cat.


Well--I am now back on campus...a quick three day weekend, leisurely spent, now come and gone. Everytime I come back to school it seems to get harder. After 3 and 1/2 years at a school 2000 miles away from home, it just gets harder and I don't know if I've been more ready to be done. Just 7 short months and I'll be done.
On the other hand, I had a great weekend away. We did nothing, followed by a family barbeque...followed by nothing...Mass on Sunday and sitting around watching football all day, a sad day, mind you: the Vikings' 6 game winning streak was interrupted by the Steelers. I was consoled just a bit by the Dolphins upset: as I sat on the couch with a crowd full of Dolphins fans, and with the Dolphins leading 24-3, I silently cheered for a come back from the Saints. While momentarily satisfied that I wasn't the only one whose team lost, I really hope the Dolphins would win so that the Saints winning streak could be lost...Regardless, the games were good as was the pizza and so I couldn't ask for more...

Today was a great day for the beach, where I started to re-read The Chosen by Chaim Potek. It was a beautiful day...After the beach we lazily watched 2 hours of House--and thus commenced my final Fall Break of my college career: a very satisfying one. Now that I'm back on campus, I've realized that I've fallen behind in all of my classes. ...This weekend I also realized how much I miss home, and how much I wish I had been a literature major. I also think that I am highly effected by the lack of chocolate in my diet. This epiphany led me to the candy aisle, in which I found that Dove chocolate was on sale in Wal Mart tonight. I refrained from buying more than one bag, and am thus beginning my journey to find the perfect balance for my karma. Or, rather, my emotional well-being.
Also, I'm finding life's easier when you let others be themselves, and only worry about yourself. "I understand now that charity consists in bearing with the faults of others, in not being surprised at their weakness, in being edified by the smallest acts of virtue we see them practice." St. Therese of Lisieux

No comments:

Post a Comment