Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Who can resist?!


Doesn't this bed look utterly amazing?!...you can feel the comfy-ness...I just woke up from a 2 and 1/2 hour nap! While 2 mid-terms and a paper are looming ahead of me in the next now-less-than 48 hours, I couldn't resist lying down for a little escape. I'm falling in love with the phrase, "I guess I just needed the sleep."
I did study all morning (at the coffee shop, which was great), and as I continued to study a feeling of anxiousness began growing in me: wow, there's more information than I thought there was. Especially for my 20th Century Literature mid-term, of which we were informed yesterday that we would be tested on war poetry that we did not get a chance to go over in class. Great. Now, I am trying to figure this poetry-thing out. I never studied or read poetry in my vast and thorough education at a small and rural public school and therefore it comes off to me as a bit foreign and a bit...lame?...I don't know--I think you really have to be in the mood for it. Ask my roommate, the other night I was NOT in the mood for it, and the readings that followed of an opium addict romanticist poet were accompanied by eruptions of laughter which I absolutely could not resist. Yes, I feel awful, but...come on...what does some of this stuff mean?!.. Anyway--I shall do my best to memorize the main concepts, but I'm sure that even my shallow-surface understanding fails to reach any depth of poetic knowledge.
On another note, South West Florida has surprised me--it has remained relatively cool. While I wouldn't mind sitting out, basking in the healthiness of the sun, I can't complain at the sudden, melancholic change in the weather. Florida will warm up again, that's for sure, and sitting inside, in a comfy bed, reading poetry isn't so bad afterall.
I am increasingly looking foward to this Fall Break. While jipped of a true Fall BREAK, we are left with a long 3 day weekend and only lame Monday off. Oh well, I guess I'll take what I can get. Also, to add insult to injury, one of my nice professors is saying goodbye to us for Fall Break with a Take Home Mid-Term we get on...Friday. Lovely. Regardless, I'm determined to have a relaxing, carefree last-fall-break of my college years. Friday night the girls are going out to celebrate a 21st birthday. And Saturday the bf and a couple friends and I will be off to West Palm, to the bf's house for the weekend. While we spoke of movies, the beach, a nice date, maybe bowling, I'm completely content on staking out the couch, ordering pizza and catching up on this season of House.
I guess I better get to that poetry...

No comments:

Post a Comment